The serious side of fun

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

miakaal
What is your main fetish?: Beautiful women, bare waisted if possible, in peril!
Why do you want to join this forum?: I also have a keen interest in visual FX and this would be a great way to persue both interests.

The serious side of fun

Post by miakaal »

It's not often I have a gripe with any producers because I'm grateful for the job they do, however... :roll: I am a little frustrated by some of the actresses in certain clips. There is nothing wrong with having fun or a laugh producing film, but when you can clearly see an actress grinnning or smiling after just having been stabbed or shot, it turns the whole clip into a childish farce. I don't mind lack of blood or gore, but come on, if it's a serious clip depicting a kill, ACT. That's what you're paid for.
Lucky luckiest
What is your main fetish?: I am Dalila's husband and camera man so my favorite fetish is killing Dalila.
Why do you want to join this forum?: My main reason is to participate in posts every now and then.
Referral: From Dalila

Re: The serious side of fun

Post by Lucky luckiest »

miakaal wrote:It's not often I have a gripe with any producers because I'm grateful for the job they do, however... :roll: I am a little frustrated by some of the actresses in certain clips. There is nothing wrong with having fun or a laugh producing film, but when you can clearly see an actress grinnning or smiling after just having been stabbed or shot, it turns the whole clip into a childish farce. I don't mind lack of blood or gore, but come on, if it's a serious clip depicting a kill, ACT. That's what you're paid for.

This seems really reasonable to me....

I don't make too many comments on forums because I realize that most guys would rather talk to Dalila than to her cameraman/hubbie....but I do have to agree with the above statement.

Dalila has to put up with some criticism form time to time. There is a critque about her "slow and boring" shooting scenes up on her latest thread right now...and I don't agree with that at all. Belly fetishes call for slow deaths...for most of us that is part of the fetish...but alot of that has to do with taste. The customer has the right to his opinion.

On the other hand...

Laughing or not taking what you do seriously and then expecting the customer to feel good about paying $12 bucks or more to be laughed at is just plain unaceptable.

We take you guys seriously because we both have these fetishes. We try our best to produce something that you will enjoy, but we only have our own taste and feel for the fetish to use as a judge.

That has nothing to do however with disrespecting the customer or making a fool out of him by allowing the actresses to just smirk and laugh about the fantasy while they are doing it.

I've now met a number of the other actresses out there.

I can tell you that neither Debbie D Petra Suzi or any of the other girls that Dalila has filmed with (besides Paola) have this or any kind of erotic horror fetish themselves...but all of them took their work seriously.

So Miakaal you are right...leave the laughter at the comedy club.
smudger

Post by smudger »

Yes, I fully agree with you miakaal. If it's a serious clip then it has to be acted straight. The reactions are a very important part. I would feel very disappointed if I bought a clip in which the actress was smiling or grinning as she was being shot. I probably wouldn't be buying any more from that producer!

If that sort of reaction is what you want then there are plenty of "toy gun" clips about. Which, needless to say, I never buy.
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

I know what you mean. Sometime, in the chaos of the shoot, reactions will very.

It was not until I review the footage below of a scene that I missed this errant smile.

Granted, I was directing 5 actors in a sequence with effects and stunts, but wow---can't beleive I missed it.

Luckily, it was being covered from two angles and we did 7 takes. She only smiled the one time.

JohnM
CHAT • COMMUNITY • UPDATES
VISIT: THE PKF FORUM

MOVIE UPDATES VISIT: PKF UPDATES