Saturday Night Live Season 1 death scenes

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

DeMan

Saturday Night Live Season 1 death scenes

Post by DeMan »

I just got finished watching the DVD set of "Saturday Night Live" Season One, and wanted to give a quick run-down of the female deaths from that first season. Obviously, they're all played for laughs, but there are still a few good death scenes in there.

Episode 3: In one sketch, Dan Aykroyd plays a square-dance caller who begins giving the dancers sadistic intructions, culminating with him telling all the dancers to shoot each other (which they do). The female dancers are played by Jane Curtin, Laraine Newman, Gilda Radner, and Penny Marshall.

Episode 4: The first "Land Shark" sketch. Gilda, Laraine, and Jane all get eaten by the Land Shark when they answer the door. (Not much of a death scene, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.)

Episode 5: A "Minute Mystery" sketch shows Laraine Newman's body sprawled on a couch with a nice death stare, as Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi challenge the audience to solve the crime.

Episode 6: The second "Land Shark" sketch; Laraine, Jane, and Gilda get eaten once again, this time joined by Lily Tomlin.

Episode 9: Opens with a performance of "The Dead String Quartet," including Jane Curtin propped up dead in a chair holding a violin.

Episode 12: Jane Curtin plays a widow whose boyfriend (Chevy Chase) comes to visit after a duck-hunting trip. Clumsy Chevy accidentally shoots her son (John Belushi) and daughter (Laraine Newman), but she's so desperate to get remarried that she overlooks it. Chevy then accidentally shoots Jane in the chest while proposing, but she tries to pretend that nothing's wrong until she finally collapses and falls dead while getting him a martini.

Episode 14: In an "Untouchables" parody featuring guest star Desi Arnaz as a gangster, Laraine Newman appears as a restaurant patron who gets shot in the chest by Chevy Chase. At the end of the sketch, the gangster's wife (Gilda Radner doing a Lucille Ball impression) gets machine-gunned by the FBI.

Episode 15: Guest star Jill Clayburgh plays an overbearing, idealistic guidance counselor who finally gets shot in the chest by a student (John Belushi) who's had enough of her patronizing "inspirational" speeches.

Episode 17: A repeat performance by "The Dead String Quartet," but with Laraine Newman taking Jane Curtin's place.

Episode 20: Guest star Dyan Cannon plays an instructor giving a hearing test to three applicants (Garrett Morris, Jane Curtin, and Gilda Radner) who are told to put on headphones and raise their left or right hands depending on where the sound is coming from. After the test begins, two bank robbers (Aykroyd and Belushi) rush in, on the run from police. They take Dyan hostage and start a shoot-out with the cops; Dyan gets shot, but the oblivious applicants still think all the noise is just part of the hearing test. Garrett and Jane get shot in the crossfire, while Gilda continues taking the "test." One final shot hits Gilda; she clutches her chest, raises her hand one last time, and slides out of her seat.
Big O
What is your main fetish?: deadskirts
Why do you want to join this forum?: deadskirts
Referral: forums

Re: Saturday Night Live Season 1 death scenes

Post by Big O »

Thanks...Great list! I have The Untouchables clip! Maybe I will rent them from Netflix and post them to my site :)

O