Anyone have any good experience with converting VHS to DVD..

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Mkkb

Anyone have any good experience with converting VHS to DVD..

Post by Mkkb »

I have a great deal of old VHS tapes that I would like to reduce to DVDs and computer files. Besides preserving these tapes, I am interested in pulling clips from the DVDs I create and editing them on my pc. This is one area that I really do not have any experience with and was hoping that anyone could offer some advice.
Thanks in Advance...
:mrgreen:
tommygun
What is your main fetish?: Shootings and Arrows!
Why do you want to join this forum?: Exchange views with the other members.
Referral: G-Man back from the very beginning, and Blue a few years later.

Re: Anyone have any good experience with converting VHS to DVD..

Post by tommygun »

Roxio and Canopus make boxes that you can hook up to your computer that will take analogue signals from the VHS tape and turn them in to DV files that you can then edit or turn into DVDs. Roxio also has a converter they sell that goes direct to DVD-compression I believe.

And Go-Video used to have a player that had both DVD and VHS inputs, so you could directly copy a VHS tape to a DVD. There was some quality loss, but that's very hard to avoid because of the underlying analogue source data.

Bottom-line, you can do it, and the more money you spend on hardware, the better the outcome will be.
---------------
CreditCards & PPal: Black Nylons
CreditCards & PPal: Rue Morgue
Crypto, CashApp, etc: PowerShopz
it's easy to buy direct! blacknylonsfilms@yahoo.com
Other: Sorry. DeadSexyClips/Kinky-Clips has become impossible to work with
LTerry

Re: Anyone have any good experience with converting VHS to DVD..

Post by LTerry »

if you have a digital camcorder, dub the VHS to the camcorder. The camcorder with turn in into a DV which can then be transferred directly to a PC. You should also be able to do it at the same time by running VHS to camcorder to PC, as long as the camcorder is the mediating agent between VHS and PC.

LT