Crush Fetish Follow-up

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

bellystabs

Crush Fetish Follow-up

Post by bellystabs »

Back in September I was curious about the crush fetish. I just didn't understand the appeal. Peter and JohnM and Pennpaul shed some light on that for me. http://www.femmefatalities.com/phpBB3/v ... f=1&t=1889
Crush Cuties.jpg
Crush Cuties.jpg (10.77 KiB) Viewed 17043 times
Since times are so tough for producers, as well as many of us, why not start a new crush store on Nicheclips? (Aren't you glad I didn't post some of the gooey bug and scorpion pictures?)[/color] :D

I have never bought one because I have a different fetish. I suppose that answers my own question about making them; but the budget appears to be bare-bones. A quick glance at a few of the movies indicates they are usually under 10 minutes and $10. In fact, the five "Most Popular Clips" in Crush Cuties average just under 6 minutes and cost just under 6 dollars; and they were made two years ago. Today they posted 4 new clips. They have nearly 1600 clips in the store.

This diversion started tonight while I was checking out Niche to see what's new. I saw that 10 out of the 20 "Cool Clips" were crush clips. Then I started counting... there are only four crush stores, and three of them are in the "Top 25 Stores." So I counted some more. There were exactly 6000 movies posted in those 25 stores, and 2516 of them (42%) were in the three crush stores. There was only one crush store in the "New Stores" and it had more movies than the other 15 stores combined (388 to 340).

Is Lorenzo making these in Florida? lol. Maybe I should move there, hire some girls, and open the doors for all the free roaches I could ever want. I could even combine two fetishes into one movie. After Cassidy stabbed my pet lobster in the back, I could pull out the commando knife and stab her in the belly! (Looking at the free jpegs for Cassidy Crush 70 gave me the idea...lol :shake: )
http://crushcuties.com/screenshots/cass ... ure-06.jpg
JohnM

Re: Crush Fetish Follow-up

Post by JohnM »

Interesting analysis. Let me save you from going into crush, though. They may look good on paper, but I don't think the money is their anymore (if it ever was).

There used to be about 30 crush stores on the site. Lorenzo has been slowly removing them over the last 2-3 years. They were allowed there in the first place, not because Lorenzo has a thing for crush, nor is he a producer for crush, but as a favor to his business partner. The guy who owns the other half of Nicheclips and does all the technical stuff for the site, has friends in the business and was simply helping them. His friends had friends and so on and so forth. Back in 2001, when the Bush credit cards laws happened, crush was impacted instantly. All there billing options were eliminated and since, like all producers, they have lives to support---they had to find a quick, stable option. Nicheclips provided that.

Over the years they consolidated. Some diversified and moved on. Crush is a hybrid fetish, combining elements of foot fetish (legs heels), dominatrix and, of course, the act of crushing.

As far as profitability, there is not much--maybe enough for a sole producer to hire a girl for a couple hundred bucks to stand out on his deck and step on goldfish and bugs for an hour. Typically, it probably goes like this: Put this on--not step on this, now put this on, now step on this, now put this on, now step on this. Production costs are low and because of the simplicity of plot or action, 15-20 short, 5-6 minute movies can be shot in one hour.

They key to survival with crush is pure quantity. With so many clips in archive, a set income is maintained as long as new clips are made.

But, I know how much stores make based on position. And there is a huge difference between position #4 and position #5. Where the crush store is now, their net for the month, would not even pay my studio rent.

So, I suspect it is a hobby. Someone has the fetish, and once or twice a month, pays a couple hundred for a girl to stomp on bugs and fish for a couple hours. 20-30 movies are made, they are vaulted with the 20 or 30 from the previous month and so on and so forth. Then, released in spurts, allowing for the momentum and hopefully that flow of archive purchases.

It sounds like a lot of mundane work for the $$, and perhaps it would be for someone not into it. But, I suspect the person that shoots the content is in la la land for those few hours and the money made has only one purpose--to get more girls to crush more critters.

And so it goes...
JohnM
CHAT • COMMUNITY • UPDATES
VISIT: THE PKF FORUM

MOVIE UPDATES VISIT: PKF UPDATES
bellystabs

Post by bellystabs »

Thanks for the information. I didn't realize Lorenzo had his own bug problem. Once they get into your house, they start reproducing fast.

I guess I won't be moving to Florida after all. It's too hot and humid this time of year anyway.
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

bellystabs wrote:

I guess I won't be moving to Florida after all. It's too hot and humid this time of year anyway.
Plus all the tar balls destroying their once pristine beaches. Unless you need an oil change of course. :?

JohnM
CHAT • COMMUNITY • UPDATES
VISIT: THE PKF FORUM

MOVIE UPDATES VISIT: PKF UPDATES