Trying a Stabbing

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

cllubber

Re: Trying a Stabbing

Post by cllubber »

Looks good to me. Your choice of knife is perfect for my taste. The curved blade is very sexy, unlike those delta shaped blades you see in most horror movies. My perfect scenario would have her standing when she is stabbed with a convincing groan as the knife is pushed in deeper into her belly with several successive thrusts on the same stab. The perfect mainstream cinema example is The Stepdaughter, which was absolutely one of the most dramatic, well filmed belly stabbings ever. Where that scene lost steam was the pullout, which was very lame and unconvincing. It lacked the special effects and depended too much on imagination.

Hopefully you can perfect the imagery technique of leaving that same knife you used in this video standing in the belly of the victim. Paul had gotten this technique pretty much down just before he left the community.

I hope these comments help. Thanks for everything you're doing. It's great!
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

Thanks.

The curved knife was actually the biggest problem because of the nature of the effect. And, my pull out effects did not look so good because I pulled it out too slow, which made the effects hard to track perfectly.

I will keep working on it. I will be trying a hybrid-stabbing that uses both traditional and digital effects as well.

The biggest problem I have--visually with any of the digital effects is that I like movement--both camera and actress. But, for these digital effects, everything has to be still.

For those who like traditional knife effects, I have some new concepts coming soon as well.

I am still trying to gauge the interest overall in digital. My non-digital stabbings have sold 5-6 times what this digital one has. With Paul leaving and a producer offering a fairly competent digital stabbing for only $13--less then half of what Paul used to charge for a scenarios 4-5 times longer with additional DID and Peril elements, I would have expected more sales. This tells me, the market might be too small for the amount of work needed to make one effectively. If religion was not a factor, I might have suggested Paul gave it up for that very reason.

Thanks,
JohnM
CHAT • COMMUNITY • UPDATES
VISIT: THE PKF FORUM

MOVIE UPDATES VISIT: PKF UPDATES
cllubber

Post by cllubber »

I"ve been thinking hybrid for the longest time, but didn't know what to call it! Check out the old necrobabes "Love of a Knife" series.
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

cllubber wrote:I"ve been thinking hybrid for the longest time, but didn't know what to call it! Check out the old necrobabes "Love of a Knife" series.
Cool, I will do that.

JohnM
CHAT • COMMUNITY • UPDATES
VISIT: THE PKF FORUM

MOVIE UPDATES VISIT: PKF UPDATES