Question for Producers: Directing Models

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Nyghtfall
What is your main fetish?: Fantasy Asphyxiation
Why do you want to join this forum?: Wanted to hang out with like-minded folks
Referral: DeadSkirts

Question for Producers: Directing Models

Post by Nyghtfall »

In my ongoing quest to learn how things are done behind the camera on fetish shoots, I just watched an three-part video featuring raw footage from a shoot involving a plant that eats women. The video is $11 for anyone wants to check it out. As with a couple other behind-the-scenes videos I've bought from him, it was genuinely fascinating to watch, but also prompted a question I'd like to ask every producer reading this:

How do you overcome the awkwardness of directing models and giving them notes during a shoot for a fetish they're not accustomed to?
Fantasy Death Fetish Directory: https://cinemagore.com
My Board: https://visionsofdarkness.net
My Website: https://nyghtfall3d.com
tommygun
What is your main fetish?: Shootings and Arrows!
Why do you want to join this forum?: Exchange views with the other members.
Referral: G-Man back from the very beginning, and Blue a few years later.

Re: Question for Producers: Directing Models

Post by tommygun »

Interesting question...

First, they are actors, not "models." It's a significant change in positioning of the work. I approach it from the beginning that they are going to be acting, being a human being in distress, and do they have experience in that regard. They aren't going to be paid to just stand in some ridiculous position for 30 minutes. They are getting paid to feel and convey those feelings.

Then, I think the biggest issue is the director him/herself. If the director doesn't have a vision of each aspect of the experience that the actors will convey, then they won't draw it out. It won't happen spontaneously. But actors who are committed to the portrayal will do virtually everything the director describes as they make it come to life.
---------------
CreditCards & PPal: Black Nylons
CreditCards & PPal: Rue Morgue
Crypto, CashApp, etc: PowerShopz
it's easy to buy direct! blacknylonsfilms@yahoo.com
Other: Sorry. DeadSexyClips/Kinky-Clips has become impossible to work with
Nyghtfall
What is your main fetish?: Fantasy Asphyxiation
Why do you want to join this forum?: Wanted to hang out with like-minded folks
Referral: DeadSkirts

Post by Nyghtfall »

Thank you for your insight. Much appreciated.
Fantasy Death Fetish Directory: https://cinemagore.com
My Board: https://visionsofdarkness.net
My Website: https://nyghtfall3d.com
Bluestone
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: strangulation
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm the owner
Referral: Bluestone, of course!

Post by Bluestone »

Yes, Tommygun, they are actors, even if their background or previous work is modeling. The two are very different. Some models are great to look at, but can't act if their life depended on it, and at least their character's life does. So, I try out new girls on a regular basis, but if they come from a modeling background, they need proper direction and then they either have it or they don't.

Suzi, for example, is a professional actor and knows how to act out a part and bring the emotions that are required to make that part believable and give the performance that is required for the audience that we are aiming to please. If an actor does not know that it's a fetish production and the particular fetish involved, they have to be told in order to get the performance out of them that is required.
vlcsnap-2022-02-27-15h13m04s097.png
vlcsnap-2022-02-27-15h13m04s097.png (1.23 MiB) Viewed 1139 times
Just like in RL, you can take a model, or sports star, or recording artist out of their regular milieu and into acting, and some of them put in a cardboard performance, but others adapt very well, and are able to perform without even one professional acting lesson. Petra, for example, was a model not an actor, but she has the natural ability to perform, could learn her lines the night before the shoot, and could emote by simply transforming her modeling skills of looking sexy to looking sexy while "dying". With talent like that, you don't have to conduct an acting lesson on set. These girls are naturals.
vlcsnap-2022-03-08-22h50m26s292.png
vlcsnap-2022-03-08-22h50m26s292.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 1139 times

I won't dwell on those that do not "get it" or never want to work on this material again after one shoot, because they are simply models who couldn't make the grade. If you do not appreciate the production and the audience, you will not be putting in your best performance.

Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

Usually, anyone I hire has already seen the material in a demo reel I send them. I also have a person that vets the model and gets an idea of how they feel in general about the work. Specifically, I try to make sure that the model/actress is actually interested in the content---whether a fan of horror, acting, role-play, etc, rather then just wanting money and willing to "try anything". I have found over my years of doing this, the "try anything--need money" people tend to not work out to well. :-)

Once on set, the process of directing them is pretty straightforward. Some are easier then others depending on their prior acting experience or if they have a personality that is more suited for just diving right into improv and having fun. Others might need a bit of warm up first. Most do very well. And those that are not the best actors, certainly can play dead. :-)

JohnM
CHAT • COMMUNITY • UPDATES
VISIT: THE PKF FORUM

MOVIE UPDATES VISIT: PKF UPDATES