Micro-Rant: Nooses Can't Tighten Themselves

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Nyghtfall
What is your main fetish?: Fantasy Asphyxiation
Why do you want to join this forum?: Wanted to hang out with like-minded folks
Referral: DeadSkirts

Micro-Rant: Nooses Can't Tighten Themselves

Post by Nyghtfall »

This micro-rant is in response to work I've seen throughout the community over the years, and most recently on the new Dark Spot Two message board.

Folks, I get it. Hangings = nooses. I understand. Nooses have been synonymous with hangings since the invention of the gallows. As a modern-day prop, they play a pivotol role in many die-hard hanging fans' fantasies. I don't fault anyone for that.

NEVERTHELESS... However requisite they may be to the visual and erotic appeal of such an arousing form of death...

THEY CAN-NOT FUCKING TIGHTEN THEMSELVES.

So... please... for the love of all that is good about our fetish, if you're a 2D or 3D artist, fetish video producer, or a custom video client, and you want to create scenes in which someone is lassoed from above, don't use a goddamn noose.

Thank you for your time.
TaliaA
What is your main fetish?: Amazon combat! Swords and arrows mostly...
Why do you want to join this forum?: To have a space to explore the fetish after FN and DS went under.
Referral: Random websearch, as well as some mentioning it on FN

Re: Micro-Rant: Nooses Can't Tighten Themselves

Post by TaliaA »

Depends on what sort of knot is being used to tie the noose.

If you use a slipknot, that'll tighten under tension, causing a proper strangling.
If you use a hangman's knot, that is a special type of slipknot that resists slippage much more than a normal slipknot; it can be adjusted, but its primary purpose is to cause a neck snap rather than a strangling.
Nyghtfall

Post by Nyghtfall »

In this case, I'm referring specifically to a Jack Ketch knot (aka Hangman's knot). I hate seeing them used as lassos by sheer virtue of the fact that they're synonymous with hangings among most fetishists.

Lassos employ a slipknot which can be instantly tightened by pulling the end to withdraw the loop.

In stark contrast, a Hangman's Knot requires two hands to manipulate. One holds the coil while the other tightens the loop. This design precludes them from being able to be used as lassos.

Using a real-world example to compare them, you will never see a ranch hand or rodeo contestant use a Hangman's knot to rope a bull. They require a slipknot so they can tighten the loop from a distance. Therefore, it makes absolutely no functional sense for fetish-themed depictions of lasso-style hangings to use a Hangman's knot, and I cringe every time I see them.
tommygun
What is your main fetish?: Shootings and Arrows!
Why do you want to join this forum?: Exchange views with the other members.
Referral: G-Man back from the very beginning, and Blue a few years later.

Post by tommygun »

Or, we could build a horror movie scenario where the hangman's knot develops a mind of it's own and slowly tightens itself around the soft neck of the innocent victim... The girls put their fists to their mouths as they scream..,"It's Alive!"
---------------
CreditCards & PPal: Black Nylons
CreditCards & PPal: Rue Morgue
Crypto, CashApp, etc: PowerShopz
it's easy to buy direct! blacknylonsfilms@yahoo.com
Other: Sorry. DeadSexyClips/Kinky-Clips has become impossible to work with
Nyghtfall

Post by Nyghtfall »

tommygun wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:43 am Or, we could build a horror movie scenario where the hangman's knot develops a mind of it's own and slowly tightens itself around the soft neck of the innocent victim... The girls put their fists to their mouths as they scream..,"It's Alive!"
That would be accepitabe if the rope was paranormal in nature within the context of the story. My position is strictly about scenes in which normal, human antagonists lasso their prey with a traditional, run-of-the-mill hangman's knot.
tommygun
What is your main fetish?: Shootings and Arrows!
Why do you want to join this forum?: Exchange views with the other members.
Referral: G-Man back from the very beginning, and Blue a few years later.

Post by tommygun »

Indeed. I actually admired your bringing the facts to this situation. I was more making fun of the horror movie genre and their twisting of such realities....
---------------
CreditCards & PPal: Black Nylons
CreditCards & PPal: Rue Morgue
Crypto, CashApp, etc: PowerShopz
it's easy to buy direct! blacknylonsfilms@yahoo.com
Other: Sorry. DeadSexyClips/Kinky-Clips has become impossible to work with
JIMBO
What is your main fetish?: EVIL WOMEN in fantasy, especially Nazi women, Wicked Queens, Blaxploitation baddies, etc., and their graphic demises!
Why do you want to join this forum?: I am already a member.
Referral: G-Man reminded me of FF.

Post by JIMBO »

Hats off to your "micro-rant", Nyghtfall! :clap:

A lot of people don't notice such details that irk the hell out of some of us. My own pet peeve is artists who draw the entire CARTRIDGE fired from a gun. It makes me wonder if they know anything at all about guns. It's the BULLET that comes out of the barrel, not the whole cartridge. :roll:

Jimbo
elsullo
Why do you want to join this forum?: I have an active fantasy life---it's all PLAY.....................

Post by elsullo »

JIMBO wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:08 pm Hats off to your "micro-rant", Nyghtfall! :clap:

A lot of people don't notice such details that irk the hell out of some of us. My own pet peeve is artists who draw the entire CARTRIDGE fired from a gun. It makes me wonder if they know anything at all about guns. It's the BULLET that comes out of the barrel, not the whole cartridge. :roll:

Jimbo
Well, with the brilliant anti-gun crowd anything is possible! Every American demonstration has protest signs to outlaw "automatic weapons" and get them "off of the streets" even though they have already been outlawed for ninety years and the tiny number that are not in collectors' safes are HARDLY EVER USED except in drug gang wars because they are too expensive to dare use and lose! Need I mention the incisive political cartoons that usually draw the rifle ammunition magazines in backward?.....................elsullo
JIMBO
What is your main fetish?: EVIL WOMEN in fantasy, especially Nazi women, Wicked Queens, Blaxploitation baddies, etc., and their graphic demises!
Why do you want to join this forum?: I am already a member.
Referral: G-Man reminded me of FF.

Post by JIMBO »

elsullo wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:59 pm

Well, with the brilliant anti-gun crowd anything is possible! Every American demonstration has protest signs to outlaw "automatic weapons" and get them "off of the streets" even though they have already been outlawed for ninety years and the tiny number that are not in collectors' safes are HARDLY EVER USED except in drug gang wars because they are too expensive to dare use and lose! Need I mention the incisive political cartoons that usually draw the rifle ammunition magazines in backward?.....................elsullo
elsullo, I hear you! I remember seeing in a copy of TIME magazine years ago, an artist's diagram of what happens when a .22 long rifle shot hits a human head... and it showed the trajectory of the ENTIRE CARTRIDGE as it "explodes" when it hits... not just the bullet (projectile). This was not a drawing by some fetish artist but a supposedly factual NEWS report in TIME magazine, seen by millions of people! The stupid are among us. And they vote!

Jimbo
Nyghtfall

Post by Nyghtfall »

I've been discussing this on another board and someone's own experiments prompted me to learn more.

The Hangman's noose actually can tighten itself. More coils simply equal more friction, but longer knots can be greased to ensure rapid closure with drop-hangings.

On that note, I'd like to apologize to everyone for my original post. I learned something new today, and happily stand corrected.

Thank you.