Patrick Swayze- He Will Be Missed

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

kevin67

Patrick Swayze- He Will Be Missed

Post by kevin67 »

I feel I would be remiss,if I didn't pay tributre tio this fine actor.

I remember seeing "Dirty Dancing" for the first time and l left the theater with a feeling that I had seen something special. His dancing, acting, and rapport with Jennifer Grey made the film a very uplifting experince, and it became a cult classic. I have sen this movie many times since then, and I still get that same uplifting feeling. His "Roadhouse" and "Ghost" follow ups also portrayed stories which had you rooting for his character. He was an actor who excelled in portraying man who could be both tough and gentle all in one person.

In real life, he married his childhood sweetheart, and unlike many others, nade the marriage work. His courageous fight against pancreatic cancer, was made even more commendable by his commitment to carry on the work he loved so much. He will be missed.
Mac

Re: Patrick Swayze- He Will Be Missed

Post by Mac »

I agree with your comments.
I always thought he brought a screen 'presence' to anything he acted in.

I particularly liked him in the TV mini-series 'North & South' which might have been made
before he became famous for his role in 'Dirty Dancing'

Mac.