Yet Another Message Board???

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Bluestone
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: strangulation
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm the owner
Referral: Bluestone, of course!

Yet Another Message Board???

Post by Bluestone »

Hey Gang,

Before I resolved not to waste my time surfing DeadSkirts, I noticed that yet another upset DS member was trying to garner support for setting up yet another rival message board. It is a concern of mine, and I wonder how many of you share this concern. It relates to the DS fracture effect. Our community seems to be fracturing into many separate groups, and most of this fracture effect is a result of the negative effect that DS is having on this community.

Perhaps, it's time to take a look at recent necro community history. It's said that, if we don't study history, we will repeat mistakes of the past. Let's call it Necro Community History 101:

1. About a decade ago, G-Man set up a message board as part of his free Fatal Females site. A few years later, this morphed into a pay site under the banner of Femmegore, and a new message board was set up under the Femmegore banner. This was a place for our community to meet and share thoughts, ideas and news;

2. Along came a flame warrior named Eugene, who also used other usernames and is now known as Geno. Eugene became such a disruptive element on Femmegore that a poll was instituted to decide whether or not he should be banned from Femmegore. Sound familiar? Well, the vote resulted in Eugene being banned from Femmegore. Eugene, now calling himself 'Geno', set about to create a rival board which he called DeadSkirts;

3. DeadSkirts would have continued to languish as a marginal and lightly frequented board if not for a couple of factors. Femmegore ran into ebilling problems and was sold by G-Man, plus the message board was restricted to paying members of Femmegore. This second unfortunate error (which will NEVER be repeated here) was what made DeadSkirts the popular message board that it is today. It was not Geno's masterful ability to create and run a successful message board. It was simply the fact that there were suddenly over 1,000 community members who no longer had a place to congregate. So, they naturally joined the spanking new DeadSkirts, since it was then the only real game in town;

4. My vision was to recreate the community atmosphere that was unfortunately lost when Femmegore became 'for paysite members only'. It was obvious to me that DS was being run in a manner that patterns most monopolies. Since it was the only game in town, it was run in a tyrannical fashion. 'Vacations' were issued on a regular basis to force members to toe the line... treating adults like schoolkids who had to be issued detentions in order to make them docile members of the Geno School of Hard Knocks. To my mind, this is not what our community should be all about;

5. Many people have the impression that PP predated FF, but this is not the case. FF was created first and presented a viable alternative playground for our community... a kinder, gentler sandbox, so to speak;

6. P.P. and this new contemplated message board are the result of disenchanted DS members who want to form a board where they can meet in peace without a tyrannical administration set on keeping them in line and treating them like naughty, immature children. The problem is that fragmenting into a hundred separate message boards, in my humble opinion, is not the solution. The solution is to support the boards that are already in existence, and improve them with your input and ideas;

So, up to this point, I have discussed history. From this day forward, we can all be involved in building a brighter and more united future for this wonderful community of ours... a community that was not created by Geno and is larger than any message board, including FF and DS. My question is, "What does everyone else think would be best for this community, and how do you suggest that we make your vision for our community's future a reality?"

Everyone's opinion on this topic and all others is, as always, very much appreciated!

Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
EvilBilly
What is your main fetish?: Superheroine Death Peril
Why do you want to join this forum?: To learn more about the community and connect with producers of custom short movies.
Referral: Bluestone's Silk N' Blood website

Re: Yet Another Message Board???

Post by EvilBilly »

I also saw this building up on DS, of course the member who brought this up has been issued a 7-day 'vacation'. :shake: Another message board is not the answer. However, I don't believe that DS is going anywhere anytime soon. Too much participation, whether by design or dumb-luck.
EvilBilly :twisted:

"In the words of Socrates...I drank what...?"
Real Genius
evilbilly7464@yahoo.com
Nightposter
What is your main fetish?: bondage, women in uniform
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm a moderator
Referral: from Bluestone

Post by Nightposter »

Speaking as one of those on the "troublemakers list" :twisted: ( which, when called on it, he admitted it was just to "smoke me out" :shake: ).
I think all we have to do is just continue to do what we are doing, word will get out, people will come in, look around, and stay if they like.
Like it or not, as long as the "G" keeps mentioning "Fighting Fellows" it is advertisement.

People are not stupid ( well...most people :roll: ) As long as he keeps trying to kick us down, and tell members not to come here, people will come here to see for themselves why he says it's so terrible here. :eek:

Just keep it simple and as open as possible, the board will grow, and personally, I don't think we need a sudden population explosion, let it grow by itself......
Duct tape is like the Force...
it has a light side...
and a dark side...
and it binds the galaxy together...
Den-CnB
What is your main fetish?: Everything
Why do you want to join this forum?: I like this forum
Referral: Been a member since this forum opened

Post by Den-CnB »

I don't post as much as I want here since I prefer to discuss off topic topics. Generally when I post it is for recreation and I am done with my site duties. Where is a proper place to post such things here?

Dennis
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

Hey Dennis,

We're pretty easy here with the rules. "On Topic" can be loosely interpreted. If you have the fetish, which I know you do, you can post on this forum to discuss almost any topic with the like-minded members here. For example, I'm just going to start a 'Religion and Politics' thread, just for the hell of it. What sort of topics did you have in mind?

Easy-Going Emperor Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
Den-CnB
What is your main fetish?: Everything
Why do you want to join this forum?: I like this forum
Referral: Been a member since this forum opened

Post by Den-CnB »

Bluestone wrote: What sort of topics did you have in mind?

Easy-Going Emperor Blue
I am all over the place: UFOs, Health Care, Hating Ex-Wives, Ghosts, Younger son just set up two pay sites - off top and still training him about our webmaster stuff, Older son just got back from Afghanistan after about his 6th tour of duty, etc, I just want to talk about anything with people of like interests and of course their interests, troubles and so on as well.

Dennis
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

Sounds like a fair and reasonable request, my man. There is virtually no end to the number of threads that we can have on this board, so as long as the thread is properly titled, so that those who are only interested in erotic stuff can ignore it, go for it! Why not simply label the thread "Some Off Topic Discussions". I decree that such discussions are permitted provided the majority of topics here remain of an On Topic nature.

Emperor Blue has spoken!
(Soon I'll be referring to myself in the third person all of the time)

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
kevin67

Post by kevin67 »

I think it is important that we break out of the shadow of DS, and I like Nightposter's idea of slow, steady growth. However, I also agree with Evil Billy that DS is still a very strong message board, and not likely going anywhere soon. For whatever reason, people are still willing to take Geno's abuse.

The fragmenting of the boards (or what I called forts a while back) can only be destructive to the community. Information is best shared when you only have to visit one or two sites, not a whole conglomerate of sites. Some advertisers and posters are involved in as many as nine different message boards.

I also applaud Blue for opening up the On Topic board to topics not related to the death fantasy. How many times can you analyze why you have these death fantasies? New and different topics are needed to keep the board interesting.
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

Hi Kevin and Nightposter,

Always the voices of reason. This board does have great moderators :yes: You both make some good points about the community message boards!

Dalila, my love,

I'm sorry that all of the topics on this board are not erotic. I am also sorry that you broke everyone's hearts by getting married :lol: On your behalf alone, I will step back from my New Year's Resolution stand somewhat. I will hand over DS advertising privileges for the most part to Grim Reaper. Since you are a member of both boards; however, I will make limited advertising posts on DS with respect to an exciting Dalila-related Silk Videos announcement. Now, I hope that puts an erotic spin on my earlier comments for you :D

Blue
(Sneaking a puff of the evil weed now and again)

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
gold

Post by gold »

Blue i think you have created a civil and reasonable place for logical topics.You created reasonable rules and thus intelligent disscussion.All topics may be a extension but those who do not want to engage have choices.Just dont want to see you become a fireman and arbitrator for issues that never end or a unending flame war..In Puerto Rico they have signs in bars no politics no religion discussed here.Must be a reason for that. Love your democracy views though.
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

Hey Gold,

Yes, they say that politics and religion are subjects that should be avoided, but, on a civil board with reasonable people, there is no reason why even these topics can't be discussed. The thing is that in a democracy you are free to hold an opinion as long as you don't try to force your opinion on others. If I vote for a candidate, and he/she loses the election, I have no problem accepting the result. If someone holds an opinion that I don't agree with, that's his/her right. I'm not going to pick a fight just because I don't agree with that opinion, but I also have a right to state my opposing opinion. Then, those reading the posts can judge for themselves from these differing opinions. I purposely selected these two topics on the 'Politics and Religion' thread to demonstrate that controversial topics are not taboo here.

Of course, if you disagree with me, I'll have to ban you :lol: :lol: :lol: (Yes, I was only joking )

Blue

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
gold

Post by gold »

Blue caint be banned now,Petra is arriving.Only thing i may complain about is that you dont release more videos from the Mansions vault.. Did you do the physco shoot with Maxine and Jessica yet. Think the new all topic idea is going to attract members and new ideas. Good call on your part.
Peter
What is your main fetish?: My personal fetish is 'bellybutts', the idea of a woman who for her own pleasure, to sate her own lust and fetish, wants to be stabbed or shot in her belly, ideally during sex. She begs for it incessantly, encourages it to happen and then when the moment finally comes, enjoys it thoroughly and begs for more.
Why do you want to join this forum?: My interest in this community has less to do with my personal fetish than it does professionally from a community building standpoint.
Referral: I have no recollection. I've been around pretty much since it's inception.

Post by Peter »

I agree that opening yet another new board is self defeating. We do not need yet another board. Anyone disgruntled with Deadskirts already has perfectly fine alternatives in Femmes Fatale and Poisoned Paradigm.

Back when I had my very short lived experience with Deadskirts, and was in search of a new forum, I did not immediately seize upon Femmes Fatale as being the natural successor as I saw it as being a producer's board. (Was that perhaps a misperception?) Just like the community as a whole would not likely move en mass to JohnM's board, because that is a producer's board primarily construed as being there to support appreciation (and sales) for that producer's work (it is a fine forum, well worth the visiting). I assumed that many people would have much the same feeling about Femmes Fatale.

At very much the same moment as I was in search of a new home for my posting proclivities, Sedira set up Poisoned Paradigm, a non-producer devoted forum (producers are very welcome, but they are completely equal to one another). Sedira is a woman with these fantasies. She set up PP as a present for her lover, another woman, also with these fantasies. Several prominent women in our community, all ostracized from Deadskirts due to the comportment of Geno, promptly joined PP. As I am very fond of women in general and women with these fantasies in particular, Poisoned Paradigm immediately won a favored place in my heart.

I now see Femmes Fatale as being more than simply a producer's forum as it is trying hard to be open to all. And so the community now has two alternatives to Deadskirts. That may be one too many already. We certainly do not need still more.
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

Hey Everyone,

Peter is right that FF is, indeed, not a single producer's forum such as those message boards associated with many producer's sites. Instead, it a community board that welcomes other producers as well as all customers and potential customers in our special community. It is a producer-friendly board, but not a one producer promotional board. My vision is that more producers will do what Paul of KHP has done, and use this Main Discussion Forum as a place to interact with, and obtain feedback from, customers and potential customers. Since this board exposes a producer to a general community as opposed to just their dyed-in-the-wool fans, it can generate new interest in a producer's products without the Geno-style producer bashing that takes place at DS.

Now, in the fiercely competitive 'real' world, a business owner would be insane to invite his/her competition to advertise his/her products in that business owner's store, but that's where the community atmosphere comes into play. I don't see Paul or JohnM or Hank or any other necro producer as a competitor. We are in this together, and I know of very few producers who are in this for the money. That is another DS perception that doesn't exist in the FF administration. I want this community to grow, and that is what this message board is all about. I could cease business tomorrow and all I would miss would be the good friends that I have developed here... Oh, and a few buxom blondes who will remain nameless :D If I put the time that I spend in filming and editing into my day job, I'd be much better off financially, believe me!

Finally, it is a nice concept to have a message board that is not associated with any pay site. The thought is that it would have no allegiance to any producer. The downside is, "Who will pay the bills for such a free site?" I very much respect Sedira for paying the bills for PP out of her own pocket, but it must be a financial strain for her. Geno is out trying to get a cheap server host to launch his fabled New DeadSkirts. He doesn't have the money or inclination to pay what it costs to host his message board on a dedicated server with enough storage space to allow for the posting of numerous photos such as are exchanged on this site routinely. As most people know, he recently had to delete a ton of material and restrict space-consuming photo attachments in order to keep his shared server host happy. So, the benefit of having this board attached to the Femme Fatalities pay site is that those sales can pay for the costs of operating a first rate board.

Well, sorry for being so long-winded, but I was inspired by Peter's reference to his initial confusion over the status of the FF board. So, I thought I'd disclose the method to the madness :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blue
(Formerly Emperor Blue, but now Just Plain Blue... since my vacation is over.)

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com