Geezch!

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Nightposter
What is your main fetish?: bondage, women in uniform
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm a moderator
Referral: from Bluestone

Geezch!

Post by Nightposter »

I go away for a week and mega posting occurs!
All I gotta say about what I have read (and it took me almost an hour) is that
IF you guys directed as much energy comming (yea I spelled it that way on purpose ) up with
NEW ON TOPIC things to post, We'd be a "high traffic" board too :wink:

Seriously, I'm in a motel tonight with WiFi and I have forgotten how s - l - o - w 56k dial up is!! I was at my sister in laws last night, she has dial up...wow! how did we ever get along with that!!

I might expand further on this in my Blog, but I have been interviewing to try and get back into public safety dispatching....Boy, how things have changed! :eek: Now, I have kept up on the tech involved, but people have gotten even more "selective" with all the lack of jobs out there.

I applied one place yesterday where not only did I need a valid in state drivers license , just to apply, but I HAD to have residency in the area BEFORE applying! ( they didn't tell me that before I drove all the way down here)
Another place was a county wide 9-1-1 center, as part of my interview I had to "dispatch" to a series of pre recorded tapes using real radio traffic. I passed the test - they had a fire request that almost nobody got right - I did, the Fire Officer had a heavy New England accent, and requested a "quint" and a "tender" Which are not terms used by the mostly rural volunteer fire depts. here. ( A quint is a term for a ladder and a tender is also known as a tanker - or water carrier )
The down side was that I just missed their minimum WPM for the typing test.

I have one more interview out here in the "dust bowel", then stop back "home" Friday to re-apply at my old home Dispatch Center ( where I worked when I met Kim and the others I draw and write about).

Things that have changed:
You can no longer walk into a police or fire headquarters and just walk up to a dispatcher.
TV cameras, intercomms, or armed desk officers, behind bullet proof glass are the norm now.
some places ( like where I was today ) are not even located in a marked government building. It was a small place about the size of a 7-11 store, tucked in the back of a manufacturing district. The only thing that might give it away was the microwave dishes on the roof, and a small antenna tower ( used for back up in case the microwave links fail)

At another place, the dispatch center was the old fallout shelter in the basement of city hall.
they even had a "blast door" that would roll over the stairway, sealing it off during the shift.

Now, when the dispatchers are out of public view, they no longer wear uniforms.
in fact I asked about that and at one place was told:
"we don't want the dispatchers targeted by terrorists, so they don't wear uniforms, in fact our police officers and fire fighters come to work in regular clothes."
(This is a county in central Missouri!! - total population about 65,000 )

I did apply and interview this morning at a place in southern Iowa that had a county wide dispatch center, in the county courthouse, in a glass walled room, where everybody wore uniforms, but I don't think I'm going to get that one...they pay 12.00/ hour to start, and you have to also type 75wpm+ as to do double duty as data entry for county government.

Tomorrow, I'll be in Nebraska, Thursday is a travel day , and Friday I have two interviews in Chicago suburbs...then I'm spending the weekend at my sister's before going home Sunday night....
Play nice now!

Blue,
I'm so glad my art and stories are set in the 70's and 80's...women wore uniforms back then...not combat clothes!

NP ( on the road )

Duct tape is like the Force...
it has a light side...
and a dark side...
and it binds the galaxy together...
Max5s

Re: Geezch!

Post by Max5s »

Well Blue came close to putting out an 11-99, but things quieted down a bit.
kevin67

Post by kevin67 »

Hi Nightposter,

Good luck with you job interviews and hurry back.
Nightposter

Post by Nightposter »

Well....I think today was a waste of time and travel. Without getting specific, I'm somewhere west of Omaha Neb. and had an interview today with the county supervisors, and the head of their HR dept.
If I nuked the head of HR, I just might get to go on to the next step. Boy she was a pain in the A--!
Her whole line of questioning was how would I feel "leaving big city life" and moving out here, how does my family feel, etc.
Finally, when she was ending the interview, by restating how she just couldn't see me leaving the big city, I just had to say this:
We are currently about 65 miles from Omaha, and from an earlier question you have almost 100,000 people in this county. The county I live in, is about 125 miles from Chicago, 100 miles from Milwaukee and 60 or so miles from Madison. There are, at last count 65,000 people living there. Here, we are less than 5 miles from I-80, I have to travel almost 25 miles to an interstate highway. I just checked in to a motel here, you have more TV stations available by antenna than I do. Between here and the interstate, you have more choices for food than I do in my whole home town. Why do you keep telling me I am leaving the "big city"?

I'll be leaving for home in the morning. I'm tired and disgusted :?

NP
it has a light side...
and a dark side...
Bluestone
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: strangulation
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm the owner
Referral: Bluestone, of course!

Post by Bluestone »

Hang in there, NP. I'm sure something will come up when you least expect it. We are all hoping for the best with your job search. Thanks for keeping us up to date with your FF travel blog. I think it's a really cool concept.

You're not missing much here. I've self-proclaimed myself Emperor of the Blue Planet (which I think includes the Mid-West. Hey, you'd really impress the next interviewer, if you told her that you're good friends with His Excellency, Emperor Blue.) I've also locked some posts, instead of deleting them as other much more experienced webmasters would have done. That way, although the topics are closed, everyone can see exactly what was said. This will avoid arguments in the future that someone said something that they didn't say during these discussions. I hope you approve and don't bitch slap me upon your return for being an inexperienced webmaster who doesn't know how to run an active board. Well, that's what we've been doing around here. Keep us up to date on your further adventures as you head homeward.

Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
Nightposter

Post by Nightposter »

After reading them, I'm afraid I'd have closed them down sooner, like about the third time they repeated themselves. :shake:
it has a light side...
and a dark side...
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

NP,

That's why you're the mod, and I'm just the benevolent Emperor Blue :wink:

No more holidays for you! :lol:

Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
Nightposter

Post by Nightposter »

Yea, I should stayed home... this looks like a wasted trip. In today's mail was a reject letter from that county in Neb. (she thinks I'm "overqualified" for the job)

:mad:
it has a light side...
and a dark side...
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

And she's right :yes:

Blue

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com