The Last Conference story in Pulped Fiction section

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

KelseyKinsley

The Last Conference story in Pulped Fiction section

Post by KelseyKinsley »

I have read all of the stories on the forum and they are all wonderful. The review and editing process seems to work great, for they are all awesome stories.

With no offense meant to all the others, which I did enjoy very much, my favorite so far is "The Last Conference", by Hank. Due to the way it is written with a timeline, I thought another great title for this story might be "A Day and a Half in the Life of Pam". But thanks to our protagonist, we'd actually have to call it "A Day in the Life of Pam". And yes, "protagonist" was a term deliberately used.

I usually don't care for timeline stories too much, but in this case I did love it and it added a lot to what I felt like was the quick-kill and wham-bam feel of the story. It showed how quickly life can go from one thing to another. Almost like Dusk to Dawn. One minute its a simple story about a couple of robbers, the next minute vampires.

SPOILERS BELOW!!

It starts out with a twisted bit or irony which really grabbed my attention and made me snicker. Pam being murdered by the pantyhose that were previously jacked from her car was a cool idea and added a nice touch. It made me wonder, even with all that was happening to her, if she didn't think for a moment that maybe that was her hose around her neck.

There wasn't much foreplay for poor Pam, and even though I usually like reading about the terror a victim feels, I was really aroused by the quick and decisive attack against her. The description was vivid and I read that paragraph three times before moving on to the next.

Then the sex scene starts and it is well written and detailed as well. Very arousing. Very, VERY arousing. And then once he is done, talking to her was another twisted irony that I enjoyed, because Pam wasn't getting to go home and spend some quiet time alone. When I read "she wasn't thinking straight, in fact she wasn't thinking at all", I couldn't help but giggle.

As for the ending, I think it is quite twisted and gives a good description of Max's twisted mind. Reading that part of it reminded me of Alfred Hitchcock when Norman is thinking to himself. Yet in the case of Max, he isn't locked up and just looking at a fly. Instead he is free, in a position where he could help hide and eliminate evidence, and he is searching for his next victim. Max will kill again. Max will get laid again.

Damn, I think what I just wrote sounds more like a review than a simple praise. But I wanted Hank to know why I loved the story so much. And to let others know too. This type of story might not be for everyone but I enjoyed it very much. And since this sounds so much like a review already anyway, I'll say it gets a 4.5 of 5 Kelsey Kums. (Yes, that is a new literary grading scale, honest)

Hugs,

Kels