Cryptocurrency Miners, New GPU, No More Customs

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Nyghtfall
What is your main fetish?: Fantasy Asphyxiation
Why do you want to join this forum?: Wanted to hang out with like-minded folks
Referral: DeadSkirts

Cryptocurrency Miners, New GPU, No More Customs

Post by Nyghtfall »

The last part of this post is mainly for people who saw, have expressed interest in, and have been eagerly awaiting the first sequel of my "Night Shower" series originally produced by PKF Studios. The short version is that I'm upgrading my computer and not financing any more customs with anyone.

Cryptocurrency Miners

One of, if not the fastest growing uses for Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) is mining cryptocurrency, especially bitcoin. The more GPUs your system has, the more bitcoin you can mine. Unfortunately, the increasing demand for high-end GPUs has caused a significant rise in the cost of GPUs and there's no sign of them dropping anytime soon.

I create digital art in 3D using a render engine called Iray that was developed by nVidia. They're one of the two key players in creating graphics cards for PC-compatible video games. Some variants of their products include a feature called CUDA Cores. It's required for rendering 3D art with Iray. The higher the number of CUDA Cores your GPU has, the faster you can render 3D art. Two high-end variants of CUDA-compatible GPUs they offer are called the GTX 980 Ti and GTX 1080 Ti. The MSRP for a GTX 1080 Ti is $800. Thanks to cryptocurrency miners, I've recently seen them advertised for up to $1200+.

New GPU

Last year, I briefly ran dual 980 Ti's. Last June, I replaced one with a 1080 Ti for $780. I've been itching to replace the other. This week, Amazon.com was offering several for $1069. That's the best deal I've seen this year so I ordered one. It'll be here Sunday.

No More Customs

I've been a member of the community for 19 years. In that time, I've financed three customs. Two of them were produced by PKF Studios and were fantastic: "In Thirty" released in 2012 and "Night Shower" in 2015. "Night Shower" was my last one and my favorite.

When it comes to my fantasy asphyxia fetish, I am a very detail-oriented control freak. Everything from the lighting and camera angles down to the color of the model's toenail polish is factored into my fantasies. I also have a meager personal allowance that I use for adult content - saving up for just one custom video can take several months or more. The single most nerve-wracking moment of financing happens when I send my money to the producer. Not being able to attend the shoot and having to wait for the finished product is an exercise in mental fatigue that I do not enjoy. To that point, I consider myself extraordinarily fortunate that "In Thirty" and "Night Shower" came out as well as they did.

While drafting my script for "Night Shower", I had developed a plan to create a number of sequels based on the assumption that PKF would still have access to their old studio. Suffice it to say, times for them have changed greatly since, and the setting for the first video is no longer available. They bought a house a year or so ago and have since found a new property. Though I completely understand that resources often change for every producer, I'm left with the constant uncertainty that any idea I come up with may not mesh with what resources they have access to. Consequently, that makes me even more apprehensive about financing future customs.

The bottom line is that I've decided not to finance any more customs with anyone. I would rather share my fantasies through my 3D art than risk another colossal failure like my first custom video by another producer. Any future installments of "Night Shower" will be digitally created by me. To those of you who enjoyed the first video, I'm sorry to disappoint you but I hope you'll enjoy any renderings I create.

Thank you.
19RCS88
What is your main fetish?: Shower stabbings & drowning.
Why do you want to join this forum?: So I can comment and look at the other studios that are releasing content.
Referral: I found out through people on other forums such as PKF studios.

Re: Cryptocurrency Miners, New GPU, No More Customs

Post by 19RCS88 »

It sucks, but I totally understand. I'm in a limbo when it comes to expensive customs now. I have a ton of scripts waiting to become a reality, but I just don't have the funds. I saved money for a PKF custom I will be sending on Monday, but that may be the last one for them for awhile, because I have ventured out to other producers and models about doing customs. I plan to get them all done, it's just a matter of when. Psycho Shower Slasher 9 was already filmed last year, but won't be released till the 8th one is filmed. I did not see the 9th installment, but know the actress did an amazing job with it.