DeadSkirts!!!! Positive and Negative Reviews!

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Bluestone
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: strangulation
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm the owner
Referral: Bluestone, of course!

DeadSkirts!!!! Positive and Negative Reviews!

Post by Bluestone »

Hey People,

There's been several threads on this board that have moved way off topic and generated into what FF Member Geno has termed Geno-bashing. Some of these threads have also been taken off topic by Member Geno himself, and have included allegations that board members should be allowed to post negative reviews of my video site, but that they are afraid to do so. I therefore started a thread for that purpose. That thread also seems to have degenerated into another round of complaints, or perceived complaints, against Member Geno and/or his message board, DeadSkirts. In light of all of the comments on this board on many unrelated threads, I think it is time to open a thread that specifically addresses these issues. I encouraged Member Geno to start such a thread, since he is contemplating opening a new DeadSkirts board and would benefit from comments on how he can make DeadSkirts better. He didn't take me up on the suggestion, so I thought I'd pose the question myself. Member Geno has scolded me for coming down hard on those who speak their mind about my video site, unless they are positive reviews, so I'm sure he will not come down hard on those who speak their minds about DeadSkirts.

What positive or negative comments do you have on the current DeadSkirts message board, and what would you like to see changed or improved on the new DeadSkirts message board? I'm sure that if your comments are civil and constructive that they will be graciously received by Member Geno.

Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
Max5s

Re: DeadSkirts!!!! Positive and Negative Reviews!

Post by Max5s »

Sounds like the great "Flame Warrior" is actually a crybaby when deprived of his suspension power and forced to play on a level playing field.

The problem with Deadskirts lies with one person and not with the board itself; therefore, suggestions for improvement will necessarily be focused on changing the behavior and attitudes of that individual and will ubdoubtably be construed by that individual to be Geno bashing.

1) Decide whether you want to be a moderator or a participant-if you want to do the latter, then let Dick and Jimbo do 99% of the moderating.
2) Clean up your grammar. Use a spell checker so you won't look so much like an illiterate fool when you get your undies in a bunch.
3) Think before you type. Make sure you understand a post before you comment on it. As it now stands, it's clear that you don't always take in the message that is in front of you.
4) Don't claim victory in a discussion. Make your points and move on.
5) Quit suspending people. It's become your way of winning when your persuasiveness fails (which is most of the time)
6) If you don't like these suggestions, then go away and you'll be left alone.

If you can manage one of those, DS will be a better place.
Last edited by Max5s on Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevin67

Post by kevin67 »

HI,

I think you hit the nail on the head Max, but if your suggestions are ignored, then we are going down the same old path again. I mioght add that there should be some improvement in human relationsfor the DS manager.His attitude towards women and people who have a different sexual preference has to change. If you are in doubt about what you should write in a particular situation, then ask your moderators.

The behavior of the DS manager, when he comes on this or any other board has
to be altered as well. He is entitled to his opinion, but he is not entitled to cause
mayhem. A little tolerance goes a long way and Blue has certainly been more than tolerant.

As far as DS is concerned, it ran fine as long as you stuck to the death fetish, but when Geno started to play around on the All Topics Board and start giving people vacations
and psycho analysis he started to get himself in trouble. He is much better when he does his his posts on true crime. Leave those posts dealing with personality clashes to your moderators. You once said that the All Topics board is not for everyone, maybe its not for you.

Sincerely Kevin67
Nightposter
What is your main fetish?: bondage, women in uniform
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm a moderator
Referral: from Bluestone

Post by Nightposter »

The DeadSkirts message board had some of the most intelligent people as members. There were some interesting discussions, both on and off topic.

For awhile, it was “the” place to go.

In spite of rules longer and more complicated than the US tax codes, people still went there to participate in the discussions.

However due to the actions of one person (or his ego) that is no longer true.

Only one person has unlimited comment power, posts under more than one nickname, Violates his own rules,and when directly challenged retreats to his moderator status, threatens members with suspensions, or as he calls them “vacations”, and makes up new rules to cover his butt.

None of the other moderators seem to have these problems, indeed, when this person has been away, some heated discussions have started, been solved and ended with out threats, only to have this person return, see what has happened and stir up the flames all over again.

All that really needs to change at that board, is for one person to follow his own rules. When posting as a member, subject to all the “protections” he claims all members have, and when involved in a discussion, refrain from being the moderator in that discussion.
Duct tape is like the Force...
it has a light side...
and a dark side...
and it binds the galaxy together...
Mkkb

Post by Mkkb »

Without a doubt, the best part of the whole site are the members. They are all amazing people. Both on topic and off. It is just a great community of members. They are entertaining, reassuring and fun. Usually there is something new and interesting brought forward from one of the members. Prior to going to deadskirts, I was an old school necrobabes message board poster. Back when the boards were active from members and the producers. Back when it was fun. Eventually Necrobabes faded away and died. The site that most closely captured the interest in this fetish, at least to me, was deadskirts. Only because of the members. They are the ones who make this interesting, fun and worth it.

Until recently I enjoyed it there. The "Owner" of that site single-handedly ruined it for me. He is a nasty person. He is vulgar, rude. I witnessed first hand the way other members words were manipulated and altered to help his deranged cause. In the past on Deadskirts, I have seen many others have issues with the "owner". At the time I would try to follow the threads, but many times they just didn't make much sense. At least from the owners posts. I have wondered if words were getting lost in translation. It is very obvious we are not dealing with a very fast car here and maybe the rest of us are just going too fast. Perhaps he is playing above his level. This lead me to wonder if that most of the hostility in the owners posts were misperception. Then the owner of the site lied, mislead, edited and took other members words out of context for the owners own agenda. I witnessed the entire event. It was disgusting. At that moment deadskirts took a new meaning to me. It reminds me of spoiled food. Once was good, but rotten on the inside.

I understand that websites are not democracy's. But they should not be dictatorships either.
I am quite familiar with what it takes to maintain an interactive board. Control is needed, but it should be even and fair. Not one sided and inconsistent. They say if you do something right, no one should ever know you did anything at all. Yet everyone seems to know about the actions of the owner in his effort to control. Deadskirts could and should take a lesson from Blue. Blue is respectful, fair and direct.(Not to mention a heck of a nice guy)
The only way deadskirts will last is if they take care of what makes the site work, the members. I am a even handed, patient person. I live by the rule of using common sense and I look for the good in all. It takes a great deal to press my buttons. Thanks to the lying, the strange vulgar responses from the owner, the manipulating of posts and the ego of the owner who doesn't know when to simply shut up and listen, I have lost a great deal in interest with the site. If you are losing me, you are definitely doing something wrong. :disapprove:
chton

Post by chton »

The only change I would recommend is a simple one, get rid of that one annoying, semi literate, paranoid, reactionary, homophobic, stubborn, arrogant and divisive moderator and things would be fine. I'd recommend a clean up of the bloated and arbitrary rules into a simple set that can be understood and applied in a fair reasonable manner. The site's fine, it's just part of the management needs serious psychological help.
Geno
What is your main fetish?: fantasy female death
Why do you want to join this forum?: Because Bluestone asked me to.
Referral: DeadSkirts pre-dates FF and I own deadSkirts. So I know

Post by Geno »

No one has suggested to help DeadSkirts along..that I make my
*TOP 10* Private Sh*t List Public

I think that is good idea. Now listen up folks, this is my private SH*T list. It IS in order from the worst member to those who are not too bad members ok. Here we go.,,,,,,,,

1. G-Man

2. Brian K.

3. Kevin67

4. Chton

5. NightPoster.

6. Mkkb

7 Snuffit

8. ShootingMad

9..Max5's

10. Bluestone

Now you guys wanted to see my private Sh*t List. There you have it.

Geno :approve:
Geno

Post by Geno »

You see Bluestone, that why I did not want to do it. The member don't have the disipline to make civil comments. I think earlier even Max called me a fool, before he edited that name out.

On DeadSkirts technically we could make a sounding board on you Bluestone and our member know they can not behave like that do on this board. "Every member of DeadSkirts is protected whether they want the protection or not.

One thing they are making very clear. the rules have go to stay. I would put a post right now on you over there Bluestone...but alas...darn there is rule to protect you against that.

DS Rule Section 2 (anti-Harassment rules)- B (No Posting to Attack a Member) No member may create a post anywhere on the DeadSkirts open boards, that is personally critical of another DeadSkirts member, for the purpose of embarassment, conflict, demands, slander, threats, revenge or harassment.

In effect that is what you have right here Bluestone
Nightposter

Post by Nightposter »

I'll bet the list will get longer, with the more people who post in this topic.... :D
it has a light side...
and a dark side...
Geno

Post by Geno »

Not necessarily...that is only the top ten. Members who are 11 to 20 will have to remain secret. :oops:

You are number 5 on my list...that pretty sh*tty isn't Mr. Nightposter.

I do have a longer list already, that only my top 10. 11 to 20 on the list will have to remain top secret. Bluestone has got make me a "Jr. Moderator". Per you own words, that is the only way you will quit this site. Right Nightposter. I want you on DeadSkirts, but I don't want you here Nightposter. You are in need of a nice vaction for about 7 to 14 days ...so you can have time to reflect on what you have done over the last 36 hours, Nightposter.
Max5s

Post by Max5s »

Geno wrote: You see Bluestone, that why I did not want to do it. The member don't have the disipline to make civil comments. I think earlier even Max called me a fool, before he edited that name out.
Max said, "Use a spell checker so you won't look so much like an illiterate fool ...". Again you fail to see the not so subtle differece between being a fool and looking like a fool. Read carefully before commenting. Nobody edited it out (that's your trick, not mine).

Geno wrote: "Every member of DeadSkirts is protected whether they want the protection or not.
Except they don't get protection from you.

Geno wrote: DS Rule Section 2 (anti-Harassment rules)- B (No Posting to Attack a Member) No member may create a post anywhere on the DeadSkirts open boards, that is personally critical of another DeadSkirts member, for the purpose of embarassment, conflict, demands, slander, threats, revenge or harassment.
[/size]
You know, coming in here and telling 10 members that they are on your "sh*#list" sounds a lot like harassment to me. Do us a favor and post the list on your board and then suspend yourself for violating Section 2 B. Hey, if your willing to post it here, you should be willing to do it there.:yes:
Bluestone
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: strangulation
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm the owner
Referral: Bluestone, of course!

Post by Bluestone »

Geno,

It looks like you have just done what you predicted that I would do; although, I did not. You asked me to respond even to negative comments with respect to my work and my cast without anger, without ranting and raving, and without holding grudges against those who posted negative comments. On the Bluestone Video review thread, you posted negative comments against my good friend Suzi. Did I get angry? No! Did I rant and rave? No! Do I hold a grudge? No!

Now, I started a similar thread regarding your website. There were several negative posts, most of which have a common thread, which in effect felt that you should either moderate or participate, but not both, or that you should cool your anger, 'vacations', etc. These are honest criticisms. You should have responded as you had suggested that I should respond to criticism. Instead, you added everybody who posted on this thread, plus two of the moderators here who did not post as well as me, as being on your SH*T List! It appears that you can't take your own advice, or the advice of others, my friend. That is why you feel that you are being bashed here... because you continually criticize others and never take criticism for your own actions. When you criticized Suzi's acting, I could have taken that very personally, I could have said that you're insulting my actress and my work and my competence as a director.

Step back, Geno, take a deep breath, re-read the posts above, and kindly address these criticisms in a calm and civil manner. There is no coordinated attack here. There is no gang of 10 out to get you, but obviously there is a common thread to these criticisms, and they appear to be coming from members who were DeadSkirt members long before FF was ever created.

Sincerely,
Bluestone
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
Geno

Post by Geno »

You can't be serious Bluestone I am not going to respond to comments like those. Nor should your allow all that name calling on your board. What happened to "repect you fellow member" If this was on DS. I could enough count on my moderators, editing out that name calling and putting, at the botton.

"Edited For Content"

You can not expect to me to respond to angry lowlifes like this....like in these tiny samples....

Mkkb wrote:Until recently I enjoyed it there. The "Owner" of that site single-handedly ruined it for me. He is a nasty person

Max5s wrote:..........illiterate fool

Chton wrote:get rid of that one annoying, semi literate, paranoid, reactionary, homophobic, stubborn, arrogant and divisive moderator and things would be fine

No if you really wanted me to respond to those comment you would admonished them and clean up the name calling. They don't to ANYONE on DeadSkirts like this Bluestone.

They also know that no matter how much of SOB's they act on your board, when they come to DeadSkirts all they have do is fall right back in line. I never hold grudes against my members who flame me, or DeadSkirts, outside of DeadSkirts. A perfect example is Manoir/Superid. No guy has been trashing me more than him (outside of DeadSkirts), yet he always come back to DeadSkirts and fall right in line.

You see what I mean about Suzi Leigh and honest criticism. I gave you some constructive criticism about her and you are comming back to me talking about insults to her. :shake: If guy has watched a small handful of Miss Leighs movies and has not see the level of acting he likes in and is used to in underground movies, and relays that to you. You take it as insult Bluestone. You don't realize how that intimates your other members. No one will ever say they have a problem with Suzi's acting on your board. They will say it on DeadSkirts, because there is no climate of fear for posting the most honest opinions you can find on underground producers work anywhere. Talk about suppressing honest opinions on FF! :eek:

I told you the same honest opinions of the now actress retiree "Katherine". I told how beautiful she was, though maybe not quite as good looking as Suzi, I did say she was a far better actress, in my opinion. I don't mean to brag...but on DeadSkirts when we get back in full swing, people will remember my reviews as having the one highest credibilty. The old man, Kevin67, was asking the question?..... One person trashes a giving production and the acting skill in a given movie...another completements it....Who do you Believe Kevin67? I answer his question, you believe the man or woman, with the reputation for giving the most honest accurate reviews.

To me these guys are just a few microscopic booties who are just putting out one message... Either get a new onwer for DeadSkirts, or shut it down completely.......I got the message ok...It worthless, but I got it! Take a good look at my SH -LIST Bluestone, the flame war you have created does not go beyond that. Now if you want to take a look at my SWEET LIST....well that list is too long print here.

Now with more than 100 compliments and letters in the e-mails and on the board of our work in running the site, under my belt from people who are there now and active, vs. a few of your flamers over here, ....who advice do you think I am going to take?

Bluestone was DeadSkirts Designed to repell, to make it very uncomfortable, for undisplined people like Nightposter, Chton, Mkkb, and Shootingmad. Some are still active there, some have resigned on their own, and some like Kevin67 has said he never joined in the four years it was up...including the so called "pefect years of DeadSkirts". How can I take the advice of a coward like that, when they have never even been a part of DeadSkirts. Never even taken a chance to see how it feels to be there. He can take his advice and shove it, then. People who are active members there now, are the only ones that carry any weight behind their opinion, with me.

Sincerely Geno
Nightposter

Post by Nightposter »

You can't even agree with yourself:
Geno wrote: I never hold grudes against my members who flame me, or DeadSkirts, outside of DeadSkirts.
Sincerely Geno
but you said:
Geno wrote: I want you on DeadSkirts, but I don't want you here Nightposter. You are in need of a nice vaction for about 7 to 14 days ...so you can have time to reflect on what you have done over the last 36 hours, Nightposter.
If that's not holding a grudge.... :shake:

I'm not returning to DS unless you give up your moderator rights to posts you make or get involved with.
And -
what I have done over the last 36 hours here or elsewhere is all a result of one person - YOU
IF you were half the person you claim to be, or at least lived up to your own "rules", then there would not have been a need for anyone to have done anything that has happened in the past year.
BTW-
I STILL like it here, I'm not leaving. :idea:

Hey Blue!
I got a Pm last night, I was told all is quiet over at DS, probably because he's over here instead of stirring things up at his own board :wink:
it has a light side...
and a dark side...
Geno

Post by Geno »

Listen to me Bluestone..

I think you're loosing it Bluestone. Loosing control and venturing off into realm of uncivilty on this board, of which I have never seen before on FF. You have put up a critical post regarding one of your members and DeadSkirts. I did not ask for any help. I don' want it. The help in forming a new DeadSkirts will not come from outsiders, hate mongers, and people will bias opinions. It going to come from exclusively from DeadSkirts members who are active on that site, and from their private e-mails. I already have most of my plans set. They guys over here have, no choice or say so in the matter. If they like it fine, if they don't, they know the exit doors on DeadSkirts is open 24 hours a day.

If you really think this has gotten out of hand. Then I advised you to contact me through my new e-mail address. It not cheating to use the e-mail Bluestone, it part of a check and balance system that two friend should able to use when things start slipping. :cry:

DSkirts@gmail.com

Now if you flamers notice a change in Bluestone over the next few days, it only because I know in the e-mails, their is not any room for showing off. :shake: