Copyright Discussion (Moved from Video Share Forum)

This is where you will find discussions on all things relating to female death scenes from movies, T.V. and genre productions.
Also, try FF CHAT! Click on this link to go there: chat

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Lunfardo

Copyright Discussion (Moved from Video Share Forum)

Post by Lunfardo »

Who has a collection or compilation of photos of necrobabes, ruemorgue, orgasmagoria. Girsl should be in panties, bikinis, strings...
snuffit

Re: Necrobabes in panties, strings, bikinis..

Post by snuffit »

I have loads of that stuff unfortunatly it cannot be posted
Saphir

Post by Saphir »

snuffit wrote:I have loads of that stuff unfortunatly it cannot be posted
why not??
snuffit

Post by snuffit »

its all copywrite protected also its a big NO NO in the necro circles
chton

Post by chton »

Aha yet another forum with selective copyright rules. Please don't even mention copyright with all the clear copyright violations that go on here. Admit that it's about money. I'm constantly amazed at how zealous some people are about protecting certain "copyrights". Either enforce it for all or don't even bother to use the word. Say the truth, it's about money, advertising money, subscription money and sales. Otherwise nothing would be posted here.
snuffit

Post by snuffit »

sorry my friend you may think its about money, for me its about not being booted off a forum
which is one of the best on the web.
snuffit

Post by snuffit »

i woul love to post some of the stuff here, but i would be jumped on from a great height
Bluestone
Site Admin
What is your main fetish?: strangulation
Why do you want to join this forum?: I'm the owner
Referral: Bluestone, of course!

Post by Bluestone »

Check out the "Piracy" thread on the "On Topic" forum. Necro producers may be put out of business by piracy, and then there will be no such material for anyone to post anywhere. This community will be a thing of the past. As for the larger Hollywood productions, FF, and other similar sites, only post clips from these productions in the context of a review. This is not considered to be copyright infringement. The necro death is seldom the entire subject-matter of the movie as is the case with the necro producers. It's not about money, it's about the survival of our community, plain and simple. I've yet to make money from this business, but I won't be able to continue if I can't break even. I don't think I'm speaking just for myself here.

Blue
http://www.silkvideos.com
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
snuffit

Post by snuffit »

cheers blue could`nt have put it better
chton

Post by chton »

I don't dispute piracy is an issue, I do dispute that the ban on such material has to do with money, it's implicit in what has been said. If it's not about money than you wouldn't care if you were running a loss. Also I find the contention that the clips from Hollywood are for reviews is laughable. Why can't clips from the verboten materials be posted for "review" purposes.
Again I'm not disputing the policy or the reasons behind it, I just don't like people claiming it at all about copyrights. Just say that there's money at stake and people don't like to lose money. It's silly to talk about copyrights what with all the obvious violating going on here.
Generally, when people say it's not about the money, it's usually about the money. Maybe not about making of money, but certainly about not losing it. Which is really the same thing.
snuffit

Post by snuffit »

well if you think its about money thats your opinion, personally i will not post because i will most probably be banned from the site and i dont pay any money to be here.
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

Chton wrote: I don't dispute piracy is an issue, I do dispute that the ban on such material has to do with money, it's implicit in what has been said. If it's not about money than you wouldn't care if you were running a loss.
Of course, you're entitled to your opinion, but please take a closer look at what you're saying, because it simply makes no sense. I don't know you, but I'm supposed to spend thousands of dollars continually over a period of several years just to create videos for you to post freely on the net. Okay, I admit, it's about the money... not about making it, but about losing it. So, I guess, since it's about the money, then piracy won't kill this industry, because I simply enjoy spending thousands of dollars a month and many, many man hours to give away my videos, go into debt, and watch my marriage fall apart over it. I'm sure my creditors will understand, and won't put me into bankruptcy. I'm sure they wouldn't do that, because then I won't have any money left to produce videos, and it's all about the money, isn't it? :roll: :roll: :roll:

The clips posted on this particular thread are not professional reviews like the ones on the FF paysite, but they are for discussion purposes, and we feel that, since they are only clips from movies, and not full movies as would be posted through Bit Torrent etc., that they do not run afoul of the copyright laws. Like I said earlier in this thread, if necro material was posted here, the death scene IS the video. It is the whole reason that the video is made. It's like posting an entire Hollywood movie, but cutting out the credits and saying it was only a clip from the movie, not the whole thing :D

Blue
Bluestone's Silk Videos - Producer of Sexy Crime Dramas and Superheroine Films featuring HOT actresses!

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
chton

Post by chton »

Yet again the point I'm trying to make is sadly missed.
First off, if you think you are not violating copyrights with what is posted here..quite simply you are completely wrong. While you may be a professional in your field I happen to be one in the intellectual property realm.
You said it yourself, it's about money. I don't think I need to elaborate further than your perfectly stated reasoning. It's about the money, I don't see why people get bent out of shape about saying that. There's nothing wrong with wanting reasonable compensation for your hard work. What is silly is to act like that is not what the prohibition on posting certain materials is all about. It's fine to not want to get taken advantage of, it's not fine to hide that reasoning behind copyright claims when there is no respect shown for others copyrights. While the death scene may not be the entirety of the movie I bet there's plent here who haven't seen anything but the clips provided for many of the movies here and most wouldn't care to either.
You're entitled to your opinion as well, but piracy doesn't kill healthy businesses IMHO. If you check e mule or any other P2P service you will find plenty of the community's product available.
I never understand why I have this debate constantly, when I agree with most of what the producers say, just prefer them to be honest. Is that so wrong? Admit that you only care about copyrights when it affects you personally. It's okay to have a profit motive, it's just wrong to act like others shouldn't or that you don't.
Bluestone
Site Admin

Post by Bluestone »

Chton,

I certainly understand your point and your well-reasoned argument to the effect that I am being a hypocrite by trying to defend my copyrights in order to prevent losing money, while I don't seem concerned with postings on FF from non-necro film-makers. I certainly understand your argument, but I don't entirely agree with it. I would, however, fight for your right to state this opinion, which I'm sure you fervently believe is correct.

Now, you may be an expert in intellectual property, but I know enough about copyright law to know that posting of a portion of copyrighted material for the purpose of review is not an infringement of copyright. FF reviews movies by using clips from those movies. If the customer upon reading the review wishes to purchase the movie, G-Man usually provides a link to where the movie can be purchased. Movie reviewers on TV also show clips from movies as part of their review. This is not considered copyright infringement. If you don't believe me, that's fine, but that is the legal opinion that I have received and upon which I will be relying in defence of this site.

Blue

DDGBluestone@hotmail.com
chton

Post by chton »

It's nice to have a reasonable debate about this topic, many producers refuse to even see where I am coming from.
I'm not going to question where you got your legal opinion, but I find it questionable at best and I wouldn't be doing any business based upon it but you are free to do as you like. I might recommend keeping another attorney's name around for a malpractice action if you actually paid someone for that opinion. Again jurisdictions may differ but since most copyright actions are in federal court I would set aside so money or be prepared to shut the site down when you get a cease and desist letter, but hey I'm not about to give free advice.. I have a profit motive for my own work product as well. I dig the attempt to hide behind the review facade :wink: , but oh well you've got your own opinion and I hope whoever gave it has their malpractice insurance paid up.
I don't understand how some people can be so hypocritical as to support sites or advertise on sites that blatantly ignore copyright, except in certain cases. In my mind it should be all clips are fair game or no clips, but then again I'm not a hypocrite. If I wanted my copyrights respected I would ask the same of all, but some people seem to think it's fine to steal from Hollywood but not from small producers. Me I feel that it's all stealing so why draw lines. I know people will argue they'll go out of business, well then don't support, create or advertise on a site that ignores the copyright laws..for all properties. Once people want to argue about their bottom line they lose me if they don't feel others rights matter. It's selfish and hypocritical. At least say you know your are at least appearing hypocritical. I'd just like to hear honesty, but that always seems to be the hardest thing for people to be.
Anyways, I'm glad we were able to discuss this reasonably, and I hope you never have to test that legal opinion. I still think there's a lot of hypocrisy in this community but at least you acknowledge it's possible to see it that way even if your opinion disagrees.